NOTICE OF 2023 NOME ESKIMO COMMUNITY ANNUAL MEETING
The NEC Annual Meeting will be held on Saturday, November 4, at 11AM at NEC Trigg Hall (200 West5th Ave). Lunch will be served, and fun door prizes offered. Staff will provideannual reports and information on services and will be available to answer questions.
TRIBAL COUNCIL ELECTIONS
- There are three Tribal Council seats up for election, each with a term of three years.
- Candidates must be an NEC tribal member, pass a criminal history check, be at least 21 years of age, have resided in Nome for at least one year preceding the application deadline, and will continue to live in Nome.
- The period for candidacy applications closes on Wednesday, September 27 at 5 PM.
You will be mailed an elector ID and password, a paper ballot, and a return envelope. If you have provided NEC with your email address you will also be emailed your elector ID and password. Choose your voting method and vote between October 20 and November 4at 12 PM!
- ONLINE: Vote at www.necalaska.simplyvoting.com by entering the elector ID and password you received in the mail.
- BY MAIL: Complete your paper ballot and return it to NEC by mail or at the locked drop box outside the NEC office. Paper ballots must be received by November 4 at 12 PM.
- IN PERSON: Vote at the NEC office (200 W. 5th Avenue) in Nome on Friday, November 3,from 9 AM to 6 PM or on Saturday, November 4, from 9 AM to NOON. Be sure to bring along your elector ID and password.
Accommodations are available for elders and those with disabilities and can be arranged by contacting the NEC office at 907-443-2246.
To be eligible to vote, you must be an enrolled member of Nome Eskimo Community, at least 18 years old by the final day of the election (Saturday, November 4), and have proper photo identification (tribal, state or federal) upon request. Nome residency is not required.